Going to cruise Russia? Staying in Saint-Petersburg for 2 days? Planning your future “shore excursions St Petersburg”? Book this wonderful 2-days package tour and enjoy all the places of interest in Saint-Petersburg with private guide and private transportation!
During this fascinating “2-days private tours St Petersburg” you will have an opportunity to see the central part of the city with the most famous sights, museums, churches and cathedrals as well as the countryside with picturesque gardens and palaces.
On the first day of your Shore Excursions St Petersburg you will be met by a private tour guide and a driver who will take you to the Tsar’s Village (Tsarskoe Selo) or the town of Pushkin, on the way there you will see some subway stations, constructed during Soviet Period of times. In the Tsar’s village you will visit the Catherine Palace constructed by the Italian architect Rastrelli in the 18th century in Russian Baroque style, inside you will also enjoy the view of the world-famous Amber Room.
After that you will drive to another small town – Peterhof, on the coast of the Gulf of Finland, where Russian Royal family spent their Summers and Vacations. It is also known as Russian Versailles. You will have a private guided tour inside the Grand Palace and the Lower Fountain Park which occupies the territory of 15 acres with small pavilions, cascades, golden fountains, aviaries, trick fountains, grottoes and marble sculptures. On the territory of the park there are also different cafes and restaurants where you can try Russian cuisine.
After a lunch stop you will have a hydrofoil ride back to Saint-Petersburg where your driver will be waiting for you in front of the pier. You will have nearly 1 hour spare time so don’t hesitate to ask your tour guide for a stop for shopping at the best gift market or an art shop on the way back to your hotel or a cruise ship.
On the second day of your shore excursions you will be met by the same tour guide and the same driver who will organize a sightseeing tour with many beautiful photo stops for you, they will drive you to the Hermitage museum and there you will have a private guided tour during which you will explore the State Halls of the Winter Palace, the highlights of the Hermitage museum such as the Peacock clock, two paintings by Leonardo da Vinci, two paintings by Rafael, 3 paintings by El Greco, the second biggest collection of Rembrandt paintings and many other works of art.
After that you will have a 10min drive to the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood – a unique museum of mosaics with 7500 square meters of mosaic icons. It is also a memorial to Alexander II who was murdered on the place of this church in 1881.
Before the tour to St. Isaac’s Cathedral, have a stop in a small and cozy café to try Russian Borsch soup, pancakes, pies, Beef Stroganoff or pelmeni and have a rest. After lunch your tour guide will make an excursion inside Saint Isaac’s Cathedral which was used as the main orthodox cathedral of Russia from 1858 till 1917. It is one of the largest dome cathedrals in the world.
At the end of the tour you will visit the Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral where all Russian Monarchs starting from Peter I and finishing with Nicholas II are buried. On the territory of the fortress you will also see the Mint, the political Prison, the Commandant’s house, the monument to Peter the Great and the Boat House. At the end of your Shore Excursions St Petersburg, by half past 4, you will be back to your cruise ship or to your hotel.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Hotel/ Port (for cruise ship passengers)|
|DURATION||1st day – 9.00-17.30/ 2d day – 9.00-16.30|
In the evening after the 1st day of St Petersburg cruise tours we can organize a transfer for you to a theatre or a folk show. We also recommend you to book SHOW ME THE NIGHTLIFE tour or Show me the Show Tour with us. Contact us to learn the details: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Number of tourists||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
Prices are per person for the group up to 10 persons, if your group is bigger, please, contact us email@example.com and we’ll provide you with special group rates for our St Petersburg Tours for cruise passengers.
- 9:00 – Meet with the guide
- 10:00 – 11:00 – Drive to the Tsar’s Village + your tour guide will show you two or more subway stations on the way there
- 11:00 – Beat the lines with exclusive VIP entrance to the Catherine Palace, where you’ll see the magnificent Amber Room
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Drive to Peterhof
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Guided Tour inside the splendid Peterhof Grand Palace
- 14:00 – 16:00 – Optional lunch + walk in the Peterhof Lower Fountain Garden
- 16:00 – 16:40 –Hydrofoil back to the city, free time for shopping
- 17:30 – Back to the port or to the hotel (or optional evening activities)
- 9:00 – Meet with the guide, sightseeing tour around the central part of Saint-Petersburg
- 10:30 – 12:30 – Guided tour to the State Hermitage museum
- 12:30 – 13.00 – Tour inside the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Optional lunch in a local café
- 14:00 – 15:00 – Guided tour inside St.Isaac’s Cathedral
- 15:00 – 16:00 –Tour to the Peter and Paul’s fortress and cathedral (burial place of Russian Tsars)
- 16:30 –Return to the port or to the hotel