Searching for Sightseeing in Russia? Trying to find the most interesting and fascinating tourist attractions in Russia? If you have never been to Russia and don’t know where to go and what city to start with – we will help you planning your trip. Take a look at our TOP 7 Tourist Attractions in Russia:
- Saint-Petersburg is considered to be the most romantic city of Russia and the open-air museum because it is a home for more than 200 museums and a considerable number of churches and cathedrals. Among them – one of the largest museums in Europe – State Hermitage Museum with the collection of 3 mil. objects of art. Annually, about 200 000 international tourists visit Hermitage St Petersburg. So if you are planning to go to Russia for the first time in your life, you should definitely spend at least a weekend in Saint-Petersburg and book a Hermitage museum Tour. If you book our private guided TOUR to the Hermitage Museum, you will get private tickets and an English-speaking Tour Guide, so you won’t be lost in this huge museum building and will discover all the gems of its Royal art collection inside. For more info, please, check the article about Hermitage museum tickets – here.
- Whether you are in Saint-Petersburg you should also pay a visit to the most fascinating Russian Church which could be seen on all photos, all videos, brochures and guidebooks about Russia – the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood (or simply Spilled Blood Church). It is a perfect example of Russian architectural style and a unique Russian orthodox church because inside its walls are completely covered with mosaic icons made in 19th century. The church is also a memorial to Russian tsar – Alexander II, who was assassinated on the place of the church, hence its name. If you are interested in Russian churches and cathedrals and if you would like to visit this landmark and many other, check our special “Show me Russian Churches” Tour – we have the most reasonable prices for our private Russia Tours!
- Of course, sightseeing in Russia would not be complete without a Tour to Catherine Palace in the countryside of Saint-Petersburg where the world-famous Amber Room is on display for tourists. This Palace was the Summer Residence of Russian Tsars, the pride of Russian culture and history, the most popular place for official meetings of Russian and European leaders. For sure, it shouldn’t be missed if you planning to travel to Russia.
- Everyone knows that Moscow is famous for the Kremlin and the Red Square. This – is the heart of Russia, the biggest Russian city and the center of Russian power. All Russian Train Tours start in Moscow, even those tourists who are on Cruise Russia for just two or three days book Day Tours to Moscow to take a look at Russian Capital. By means of fast train it is possible to reach Moscow from Saint-Petersburg (and vice versa) in 4 hours.
- Another Tourist Attration of Russia which is located in Moscow is the Cathedral of Christ the Savior – it is the main orthodox cathedral of Russia and the tallest orthodox cathedral in the world (103 meters high). If you want to learn more, to see other highlights of Moscow – book our wonderful Moscow Sightseeing Tour.
- Veliky Novgorod is a medieval Russian city which nowadays is getting more and more popular among European tourists. It was once the orthodox and political capital of Russia that is why today there are buildings of medieval churches, cathedrals, monasteries, the Novgorod Kremlin and a unique wooden village with original wooden houses, huts, churches and storehouses which were constructed in 12th, 14th and 16th centuries by Russian peasants. We are offering private guided day-tours to Novgorod Veliky from Moscow and Saint-Petersburg by trains and private cars or vans. One day is perfectly emough to see all the attractions of this Russian city.
- Lake Baikal – is the the largest freshwater lake in Russia and in the whole world, containing 20% of the world’s unfrozen surface fresh water. It is located in Siberia, near Russian city Irkutsk. It is possible to get to this amazing natural attraction by plane or by train from Moscow or Saint-Petersburg. We recommend you to take the cheapest and the most comfortable Short Trans-Siberian Tour to explore the whole Russia – From Moscow to Siberia. Enjoy Russian Train Tours and Sightseeing in Russia with “Show me Russia” Tours & Travel.