If you are interested in St Petersburg Tourism and different types of Tours in St Petersburg, read this blog post and learn more about this romantic Russian town. Saint-Petersburg used to be the capital of Russia for more than 200 years, that is why today ot is called – the Northern Capital of Russia or the Cultural capital with the population over 7 mil. people. In 2016 Saint-Petersburg was awarded the best tour destination in Europe according to World Travel Awards as nearly 7 mil. people from all over the World visited this outstanding Russian town during their holidays to St Petersburg.
Earlier in our Travel Blog we have already published the blog post about TOP 10 St Petersburg Attractions, now we would like to describe TOP 7 things to do in Saint-Petersburg. Every tourist who is planning Russian Trips to St Petersburg should:
- Climb up to the Dome of St. Isaac’s Cathedral to admire the breathtaking panorama of the city
- Get lost in the State Hermitage Museum and explore its amazing collection of art
- Enjoy the view of the Drawbridges and amazing ships floating the Neva River at midnight
- Have a romantic boat ride along rivers and canals of the Russian “Northern Venice”
- Take pleasure in watching the “Swan Lake” or “Nutcracker” Ballet Performances in Mariinsky Opera & Ballet Theatre
- Visit the Amber Room and purchase a small piece of Russian Amber (famous for its healing properties)
- Stroll along the main shopping avenue of St Petersburg and have a cup of coffee in one of the innumerable cafes of Nevsky Prospect
You may fulfil this plan during our 2-Day Tour Package in Saint-Petersburg or during our cheap and favorable Tours of St Petersburg. “Show me Russia” Travel Agency organizes tours to Catherine Palace & Amber Room, to Churches & Cathedrals of Saint-Petersburg, to Folklore Shows & Ballet Performances, and special “Local Life” Tours for those who are interested in the life of locals.
According to the means of transport, you can rent a bike during Summertime – here – on the official website you will find useful information about city’s bike stations. You can also travel by public transport like buses, trams or subway. Besides, you can use Uber, Gett or Yandex Taxi. With the help of our Travel Agency, you can rent a private transport and a private local tour guide.
The most popular time to visit Saint-Petersburg is during the so-called “White Nights” period which lasts from 22/23 of May till 17/18 of July. During this curious phenomena nights in Saint-Petersburg are as brights as days and city’s authorities don’t need to turn on the streetlights. At this time Saint-Petersburg hosts lots of different festivals, musical concerts, carnivals, star performances and one-of-a-kind “Scarlet Sails” Celebration.
According to the weather in Saint-Petersburg, it can be very unpredictable, as we have Oceanic Climate, that’s why there are only 60 sunny days per year and about 300 days of cloudy weather. So we recommend you to take and umbrella or a shawl to your Tours St Petersburg. Anyway, our Summers are very mild, sunny and enjoyable. The best Winter month to visit Saint-Petersburg is January, because there are more sunny days and the daytime is getting longer in comparison with November or December when it darkens at 4 p.m. No matter when you are going to start your St Petersburg Russia Tours – with “Show me Russia” Travel Agency they are going to be enjoyable and unforgettable!